To learn more about creating catchy headlines that will help increase clicks and conversion rates, scroll down and check out the infographic.One of the oldest tricks in the book is to create catchy headlines. As with newspaper articles, the headline is the first thing that people see and read about your story. Headlines must be interesting, concise, and true. Headlines that are sensationalized intentionally just for people to click on the link are penalized by search engines and could seriously affect your ranking.
There is a fine line between #headlines that grab your readers’ attention and staying true to the #story. Click to TweetThere is a fine line between making the headlines grab your readers’ attention and staying true to what the story really is about.
7 ways to create Catchy Headlines and Catchy Titles
1. Focus on helping others.People will not click on something if they feel like they will get nothing out of it. They want to learn something they don’t know, so teach them.
2. Show a sense of urgency.If something is ending, people are more likely to act so they don’t miss it. It also sparks curiosity.
3. Create a “how to” post.Again, people want to learn something. If you tell them right away what they can expect to learn, interested people will click right away. Here is an example of a how to post.
4. Use keywords.No one is going to see your catchy headline and read your article if they can’t find it. Social media only works for a day or two. SEO lasts a lot longer.
5. Share your experience.Is it just me, or is everyone an expert online? Most pretend to be, but few are. This is why it’s important to share your expertise to set yourself apart from the rest.
6. Use headline analyzer tools.If you don’t think your headline is great and it could be better, go to a platform that specializes in catchy headlines, like Headline Analyzer. For this post, I got a B+.
7. Use numbers in your headline.Did you notice the headline in this post? Numbers work great because you can count on the post being skimmable. In a busy world, that’s exactly what many of us need. Now, check out this cool infographic my friends at Start Blogging Online sent me.