With the constant trend in changing social media handles, big companies like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook give you the ability to change your name according to how you want it. This is not the same case for Snapchat usernames.
Currently, the username on an existing Snapchat account cannot be changed, but if you really want to change your username, you can follow these simple steps.
Delete your old Snapchat account.
- Swipe down from anywhere on your screen. This will open your Snapchat account page.
- Tap the settings icon. (It’s in the upper-right corner of the screen.)
- Scroll down and from the “More Information” section, tap “Support”.
- Scroll down and tap “My Account and Settings” in the last section of the screen.
- Tap “Account Information”.
- In the center of the menu, tap “Delete My Account”. It will launch a new page explaining how to delete your account.
- In the second paragraph, tap the word “Page”.
- Enter your password.
- Tap “Continue” to deactivate it. It will be deleted after 30 days. If that scares you, don’t worry. You can reactivate your account if you change your mind by signing into Snapchat within 30 days of deactivation.
Create a new Snapchat account.
- Open the Snapchat App. If you’re not automatically logged in, enter your username and password.
- Swipe down from anywhere on your screen.
- Tap the settings icon. It’s in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- At the bottom of the menu, tap “Log Out”.
- Then, tap “Sign Up”.
- Enter your first and last name in the provided spaces.
- Tap “Sign Up and Accept”. Enter your birthday and tap continue.
- Enter your new username. Choose the new username you like carefully so you don’t need to repeat step one above.
- Enter an email address. The email address should be different from the one associated with your old Snapchat account.
- Follow the rest of the onscreen prompts. Here you can add new or old friends from your contacts.