You made it! It’s day three… the last day of this media class. Congrats!
Remember, you can do two things:
1. Watch the video below
2. Read the text here
If you prefer the video to text, make sure you scroll down to grab a trial of my social media scheduling tool, AgoraPulse. You’ll see why this is important in just a few minutes!
All that publicity is great. Having those logos to put on your website and marketing materials will set you apart from your competition. It shows you’re credible and are an authority in your industry.
But, what if someone doesn’t see the coverage? Or what if someone sees it, then five minutes later they’re on to something else and they’ve forgotten about it?
The average amount a person needs to see something before making a buying decision is seven. You need to be in front of that person seven times.
So, you need to do PR on your PR.
Almost all of my leads come from the exposure I earn myself. I can track tens of thousands of dollars from being a guest on a podcast. So, I’m doing more podcast pitching because I’m seeing the profit from that publicity. But I don’t do the interview and call it a day.
I share it. Assuming your ideal customer or client heard, saw, or read whatever appearance you made is wrong. We are living in a world where content is everywhere and it’s constantly changing right in front of our eyes, so you need to remind people:
“Hey, I was just a guest on Smart Passive Income” or “Check out this article I wrote in Inc. Magazine” or “If you missed my quote in this Forbes article, here it is”.
You do this by creating a media page on your website, by emailing your list and linking back to the coverage, and by sharing on your social media channels. This one is the big one.
When you share on social media, you need to be sharing over and over and over again. Make the post evergreen and recycle it.
I use Smarterqueue for this, so I can set it and forget it. I schedule it once and it will automatically get in a queue and post every 10, 20, 30 days – whatever I set it to. If you want to try AgoraPulse for free, here is a link for you to do so.
While you’re sharing, it’s important to tag the outlet that featured you and the journalist or editor who made it happen. When other people see this, they are more likely to be impressed by the coverage because you’re showing the new relationship you have with an outlet which only increases your authority and credibility AND you’re also sending a message to that outlet and member of the media that you are grateful for the coverage and are sharing it with your audience. They love this because you’re getting more eyeballs on their content, so they’re more likely to come back to you next time they need help covering something in your niche.
Also, don’t just look at numbers. Remember to look at the people behind the numbers. I had a client earn coverage on the Today show with an audience of almost 4 million. That’s amazing coverage, but the audience is very broad. The same client earned coverage in a niche magazine with a circulation of about 600,000. Much smaller, but because it was more specific to their audience, that’s where to saw a bigger profit – both from the media hit and after when they did PR on their PR.
So, don’t think a couple of great media hits are going to set you up for business success for life. Seven is the lucky number. This is one reason it’s important to continue earning media, share the media, then earn more.
Investing in your own public relations strategy is like investing in the stock market. If you do the right things, you will see organic growth slowly, day by day. Obviously, there are many opportunities to land major coverage that make a huge impact on your brand… and you can get multiple media hits like this.
How would you feel if all that media coverage led to consistent leads, clients, customers, and income?
You can make a big difference in your life and in the lives of others through your media exposure. If you have a day job still, imagine getting rid of it and focusing on your passion… just like Crystal is doing in San Diego, and Leah is doing in Australia, Aviva who has her own column in Forbes, and Kathy who did a live shot on TV with a chicken.
Ditch that long to-do list. Forget about your business with little online presence. Instead, we can work together to give you a brand that’s easy for people to find. You will always have leads to work with. No more spinning your wheels and trying to figure out what the next big thing is that’s going to finally help your business take off.
Thanks so much for joining me in Pitch Publicity Profit. Please let me know what you thought of this free course. I look forward to hearing how you implement what you’ve learned in this program, but if you want more and you want to work more closely together and have online access to me whenever you want, then I invite you to check out my Media Mentoring Program.
Inside the Media Mentoring Program
- 2 introduction video modules to get you ready to implement
- 10 video modules with step by step lessons
- Bonus interviews with industry experts in book PR, speaking, profiting, and Facebook ads
- Lifetime access to the course AND the Facebook group to work at your own pace
- Clear action items to set you up for success… fast
- Drag and Drop pitches that have ended in national coverage
- NOT templates, real pitches
- Secrets to using HARO to actually land coverage
- My unfair advantage to being on both sides of the media
- …and so much more
These last three days, we’ve only scratched the surface. In the Media Mentoring Program, I’ll teach you:
- How to build a relationship with members of the media so they know who you are when they see your name in their inbox
- How to create and maintain a valuable pitch list to reach the right person and make pitching faster, easier, and more effective
- How to find the right influencer for your brand to turn it into sales (and protect yourself from those influencers who are looking for shortcuts and freebies)
- How to work with other influencers on their social media platforms to draw their audience to your platforms – website, social media, or even better: email list!
- …and so much more.
After you sign up, you’ll get:
- An email from me with all the sign-in information and a link to the Facebook group to contact me anytime throughout the mentoring program
- Immediate access to the first three modules
- Each week, one module will be released… along with lots of great bonus materials like worksheets, PDFs, real pitches, and bonus interviews and modules over the next three months.
Yes, you can change your business and change your life in only three months.
If you’re ready for that, then I’ll see you in the Media Mentoring Program. If not, thanks so much for spending these last three days with me… and don’t be a stranger. I hope to see you around.