Are you ready for PR?
I hope you know by now, especially after this week’s podcast.
If you didn’t hear, I told you all the things to evaluate to decide whether you invest time ⏰ or money 💰 into this marketing strategy.
Some things I asked you to evaluate:
1. What are you currently doing?
2. What do you want to achieve?
☝️ There is a gap there.
3. Now, how much time and money can you allocate to make this happen?
Something to think about.
The most effective media pitches have…
Next time you send a pitch to be on a podcast, reply to a HARO, or contribute to a website, please remember these five things.
- Timeliness: Why does the pitch matter right now?
- Personal connection: Mention if you share some commonality with the journalist—whether you’ve worked with them before, graduated from the same college, or are connected on LinkedIn.
- Human element with supporting facts: Stories that connect with your audience on a human level while including facts that support your pitch.
- A unique point of view: Your ideas should be new to the journalist. (Right now, take this as a sign to pull out your latest podcast pitch and go over those talking points. Are the ideas new?)
- Call to action: Share exactly how the journalist can contact you when they are ready for your help… because that’s what you’re doing here.
Yes, you are helping him or her do their job.
The more you help them, the more likely you are to be included in coverage.
Did you hear?
I’m doing a thing.
Anyone who enrolls in my Media Mentoring Program by the end of the week (like, tomorrow), will not only get $200 off the entire program but will also get on a mastermind call with me!
I’ve never done this before as a bonus, but I’m kinda excited about it.
I love hearing about what other entrepreneurs are working on, brainstorming story ideas, and making introductions to help.
Maybe we can even go over those talking points together to make sure they are new to the journalist 😉
If you want to join in, click here are use the code MEDIAMAVEN at checkout.
What a hot mess!
Yep, that’s what I’m talking about next week on my podcast… and for the first time in a while, I’m having a guest.
You can expect some conversations about Drew Barrymore, Kim Kardashian, Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis, and Raquel Leviss.
It was a fun episode and gave me a short list of things to do.
Make sure you’re subscribed to Become a Media Maven so you don’t miss it!