The first rule of social media marketing is to have a presence on social networking sites. The second rule is to make sure your social media profiles are bustling with activity so that you improve engagement.
5 Best Social Media Monitoring ToolsThere are several social media monitoring tools that can help you manage the activity of your accounts. Each tool is suited to certain tasks. Here are five tools any serious social media marketer should incorporate in their strategy.
1. HootsuiteHootsuite is one of the most popular social media marketing tools. (I use it!) It currently supports Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Google+. With Hootsuite, you can quickly plan social media campaigns and keep track of the latest trends. The company offers four plans; Professional, Team, Business and Enterprise, priced at $9.99, $34.99, and $99.99 monthly, respectively for the first three plans. The Enterprise plan is designed for large teams, departments, and regions and comes with a custom pricing structure. A summary of this tool’s features include:
- Ability to manage up to 50 social profiles
- Advanced analytics with data exports
- Publishing approvals
- Unlimited app Integrations
- Unlimited social campaigns
- Multiple custom branded URLs
- Platform & social marketing certifications
- 24/7 priority support
- Extended 1-on-1 training
2. BufferBuffer is all about simplicity. It is a simple tool with an easy learning curve to help you schedule your posts. It will save you a lot of time! Many people are extremely busy with businesses to run, so scheduling posts is a great idea so you don’t have to worry about updating daily… or multiple times a day. In addition to the web application, Buffer is also available as an iPhone/iPad App and also an Android App. There are three plan options. The free plan allows one user you to manage one social media account at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Instagram. They also have a paid plan for individuals priced at $10 monthly and an Enterprise plan that comes with custom pricing.
3. LinkedInLinkedIn is hands down the best social business networking platform on the planet. It is a great place to find leads and to establish yourself as an industry expert. Unfortunately, most marketers only use the free version of LinkedIn. If you really want to improve your connections and generate more leads, you must upgrade to the premium version. It’s really is worth every cent. With the premium version, you can accomplish a number of things like,
- InMail messages
- Advanced search filters
- Unlimited searches in your extended network
- A lead-builder tool, lead recommendations and real-time insights on existing accounts and leads
4. Commun.itCommun.it is one of the easiest ways to drive traffic, increase engagement, grow followers and likes, and save time on social media. It currently has over a million users and is available on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Some of the features include:
- Managing your Twitter relationships
- Managing multiple profiles and schedule posts
- Focusing on your influencers and customers
- Know who to follow and what content to share
- Free Twitter analytics