The first rule of social media marketing is to have a presence on social networking sites. The second rule is to make sure your social media profiles are bustling with activity so that you improve engagement.
5 Best Social Media Monitoring Tools There are several social media monitoring tools that can help you manage the activity of your accounts. Each tool is suited to certain tasks. Here are five tools any serious social media marketer should incorporate in their strategy.
1. Hootsuite Hootsuite is one of the most popular social media marketing tools. (I use it!) It currently supports Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Google+. With Hootsuite, you can quickly plan social media campaigns and keep track of the latest trends.
The company offers four plans; Professional, Team, Business and Enterprise, priced at $9.99, $34.99, and $99.99 monthly, respectively for the first three plans. The Enterprise plan is designed for large teams, departments, and regions and comes with a custom pricing structure. A summary of this tool’s features include:
Inside my Hootsuite scheduler
- Ability to manage up to 50 social profiles
- Advanced analytics with data exports
- Publishing approvals
- Unlimited app Integrations
- Unlimited social campaigns
- Multiple custom branded URLs
- Platform & social marketing certifications
- 24/7 priority support
- Extended 1-on-1 training
2. Buffer Buffer is all about simplicity. It is a simple tool with an easy learning curve to help you schedule your posts. It will save you a lot of time! Many people are extremely busy with businesses to run, so scheduling posts is a great idea so you don’t have to worry about updating daily… or multiple times a day.In addition to the web application, Buffer is also available as an iPhone/iPad App and also an Android App. There are three plan options. The free plan allows one user you to manage one social media account at Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Instagram. They also have a paid plan for individuals priced at $10 monthly and an Enterprise plan that comes with custom pricing.
3. LinkedIn LinkedIn is hands down the best social business networking platform on the planet. It is a great place to find leads and to establish yourself as an industry expert.
Unfortunately, most marketers only use the free version of LinkedIn. If you really want to improve your connections and generate more leads, you must upgrade to the premium version. It’s really is worth every cent. With the premium version, you can accomplish a number of things like,
Inside my LinkedIn Premium profile
- InMail messages
- Advanced search filters
- Unlimited searches in your extended network
- A lead-builder tool, lead recommendations and real-time insights on existing accounts and leads
4. Commun.it Commun.it is one of the easiest ways to drive traffic, increase engagement, grow followers and likes, and save time on social media. It currently has over a million users and is available on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Some of the features include:
Commun.it has a free plan and four paid plan options. The business plan goes for $24.99 per month and allows you to manage eight Twitter profiles, has 60 days access to reports, 40 monitored items, and unlimited engagements. It also offers a 14-day money back guarantee and if you’re not 100% satisfied.
- Managing your Twitter relationships
- Managing multiple profiles and schedule posts
- Focusing on your influencers and customers
- Know who to follow and what content to share
- Free Twitter analytics
5. ManageFlitter With ManageFlitter, you can track the people you follow on Twitter. This is especially useful if you follow a large number of people. Tracking people you follow manually can be quite tedious and cumbersome. It also shows you the people who you’ve followed who don’t follow you back, are inactive, have no profile image and much more.When building up your Twitter account, one of the best tactics is to follow relevant people. Relevant people are more likely to follow you back. But, finding relevant people can be a daunting task without a tool like ManageFlitter. It’s search tools allows you to dive deep into the Twitter universe, filter by followers, keywords, location, account age and many more criteria.
Why You Need Social Media Monitoring Tools Generating a positive buzz on social media builds your credibility and brand. These are some of the best social media monitoring tools to help you get the most out of your marketing efforts.
There are hundreds of other tools but these five have established themselves as among the best in the industry. This is a guest post submitted by Tim Hamilton at Find Media Partners.