Aside from being a great platform to find and connect with different people who share the same professional interests as you, LinkedIn also saves you the chance to search for jobs that have been posted by others on the site. It’s so easy to find a job that suits your set of skills and experience perfectly.
You can also increase the credibility of your LinkedIn profile with your academic and professional qualifications, skills, certification, achievements, and etc. So, if you’re someone who wants to start your career in a bigger and more professional scope, LinkedIn is definitely the way to go.One of LinkedIn’s great features is that it allows you to upload your resume for other professionals to see and it’s only a few clicks away.
Personally, I haven’t done this before. Instead, I use LinkedIn’s template to input the information. I think this looks cleaner, but sometimes people want to save a PDF or just want it in a different format.
How To Add a Resume To Linkedin
If you’re interested in uploading a resume to LinkedIn, this should help.
1. Sign in to your LinkedIn account using a web browser.
Using mobile while trying to upload a resume can be a little tricky. For bigger jobs like this one, I suggest sitting in front of your laptop or desktop.
2. After signing in, click on the Profile menu from the menu bar at the top page.
3. On the profile page, click the down arrow and button located right next to the Edit Profile button.
4. When you find the expanded option, look for “Import Resume” and click.
5. After clicking, you will see a resume popup box then make sure to click the “Choose File” button.
Note: The resume you should upload must be in Microsoft Word, PDF, Text, or HTML format only and up to 500 KB in size. (Mac users – no pages!)