It’s no secret social media has become one of the most popular forms of marketing in the world. Get ready, because these eight social media trends are sure to dominate 2017.
If you want to see the amazing infographic
that goes along with this post, just scroll down!
8 of the Newest Social Media Trends
1. Live Streaming Video Smartphones have made it possible for anyone to use their devices and capture live events, so they can bring their social media followers along with them.Social media networks like Twitter’s Periscope, Facebook “Live”, or Instagram’s Stories are making it possible for businesses to share their products and services with the world in real-time in a different, easy and personal fashion… and people love it!
2. Chatbots Chatbots have made quite the sensation in 2017, and it doesn’t seem like it’s going to stop. A chatbot is a computer program which conducts a conversation through auditory or textual methods. Some of the most popular chatbots are the ones that are embedded within Facebook Messenger. This nifty service is a great tool for improving customer experiences, retrieving data, and automating tasks with a personal touch.
3. Expiring Social Content Snapchat has been popular for years. People love the concept of short-lived web content and it gained more popularity when “stories” were created.Many companies have adopted this method of marketing. With millions of active users, platforms like Snapchat and Instagram are great tools for getting content out in a fun, quick manner.
4. Merging of Social Media Platforms You’ve seen it everywhere – different social media platforms coming together in holy matrimony. Facebook has WhatsApp, Instagram, and Oculus Rift. Twitter has Periscope, and Microsoft has LinkedIn. This year, keep an eye out for more tech and social startups trying to keep up with these trends. This is especially important for marketers because it will have a huge affect on the performance of the social media channels used to distribute content.
5. Harder Acquisition of Organic Social Traffic Don’t you miss the good ol’ days when all you had to do to gain organic traffic was post updates on a regular basis? Now, most social media networks have changed their algorithms so that updates are no longer in chronological order, but based on relevancy.
Marketers can’t just rely on social media alone anymore. Now they have to pursue multichannel strategies to maximize their digital marketing campaigns.
6. Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality We’ve all seen the amount of popularity that virtual reality and augmented reality has gained in 2016.This year, there’s a good chance that Facebook will be the frontrunner of AR application in the world of social media with its experimental lenses and masks in Facebook Live.This will be an interesting trend to watch, as it provides a whole different experience for users worldwide.
7. More Personalized Content In 2017, expect to see more personalized and relevant content and advertising delivery. The days of traditional advertising are fading away, and these new trends will help consumers call to mind a brand, and it will lead to interaction with the company on a more personal level. Facebook’s retargeting has become very useful for marketers because it makes it possible for them to craft advertisements and content based on the audience’s preferences and interests.
8. Increased Usage of Social Influencer Many brands have turned to using “Instagram-Famous” influencers to create authentic content for their brand to gain prominence. After all, word-of-mouth has always been an effective form of marketing. This year, count on seeing more social media influencers working with brands.
This infographic was shared from CJGDigitalMarketing.com
.This is a guest post submitted by Farah Zamora, a journalism student at Florida Gulf Coast University.