If you’re into taking fun and creative selfies and love to watch the day to day life of your favorite celebrities or even friends, then you will love Snapchat.
How to Use Snapchat
Snapchat is a social media app that allows you to take picture or videos with a wide variety of filters. It’s one of the most popular social media platforms today and has 150 million users worldwide.
But, if you’re new to Snapchat and confused with its interface or find it overwhelming, then consider this your personal tutorial.
STEP 1: Learn The Snapchat Language
Before you can start posting pictures or videos, it is best to know the app’s language first. Some words have a different meaning, like:
A snap is a picture or video you can send to one or more people using the app. It will last 10 seconds and can be only be repeated to view once.
A story, or stories, is the section of Snapchat that lets you showcase your photos and videos to your friends. You can view your friends’ stories by swiping the Snapchat camera screen left.
Your Snapchat score can be found under your profile name and is based on all of the snaps you’ve sent and received.
STEP 2: Make Friends
Adding and accepting friends in Snapchat is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
To add friends
- Click the ghost icon
- Go to “Add Friends”
- Search your friends using their username, names, or even snapcodes
To accept friends
- Tap the yellow ghost icon
- Go to your profile
- Click on ”Added Me”
- Tap the (+) sign to confirm
Step 3: Create and Send Snaps
- Take a picture or video by tapping the circular button at the bottom of the screen. Tap it once for a photo or hold the capture button to record a video.
- Use filters by pressing the image of your face on the screen.
- After taking a snap, click the blue arrow icon on the bottom of the screen then select the contacts you’d like to send the snaps by checking the box beside their names.